Your staff are expected to improve work effectiveness and efficiency, reduce stress and overcome anxiety, avoid omission and confusion, be capable to handle multi-tasks, behave pro-actively, and act with calmness and confidence ……
Help your participants to
● Clarify objectives and identify priorities
● Respond to urgent issues with prompt readiness and high efficiency
● Cope with critical issues with seriousness, calmness and pro-activeness
● be visionary, good at planning, well-organized, and less stressed
Anyone who always work under pressure, and need learn how to conduct work management and self management with ease
1 – day
Make 25 hours out of 24 hours
Few people would be free from the following problems:
● I have to handle so many problems every day. When I’m at home, I can’t help feeling anxious when I’m suddenly aware that some work was forgotten.
● It often takes me time to find out the things I need, such as the documents submitted by various departments of the company, the disk of produce introduction from Product Support Unit, and so on. I receive them when I don’t need them, but I fail to find them when I do need them. I spent half a day looking for the stuff but in vain, so I had to call the departments concerned to send me the documents again, and I wasted the other people’s time too… …
● Everyday I check emails and reply emails as soon as I get to my office, over and over again, and repliy most emails without even thinking. I just feel upset when I see emails piled up there, and I feel like replying all of them at once. If I don’t see new emails coming in, I will get worried and will check my inbox from time to time. I always keep my computer beside me, even when I’m out of office. I’m always thinking to open up the computer and check for emails. I feel like being slave to Outlook.
● Sometimes when a good idea occurs to me while I’m busy with other stuff; but I can’t think of it when I get back to the idea. Sometimes I remind myself that I need raise something up with somebody, though I don’t know when to meet with them; but I forget to mention it when I come across the person him/herself. Sometimes I think of something in midnight. While I’m concerned about disturbing others at that time, I also worry that I would forget it afterwards.
● It’s hard to manage priority. When you handle the urgent problems, managers would say that what you do is a piecemeal fix; when you mean to handle the important and long-term issues, managers would say that your priority management has problem.
● My job is to support others and I feel rather reactive. It’s always somebody else who commands me to do this and that. I feel like having no control over my time.
If ever a “Time Management” course will help you solve the above problems, would you feel it practical enough?
First Priority Effectiveness Management System
The Time Management course from First Priority help the participants to build up a management system for personal effectiveness so that your work effectiveness and life quality be improved remarkably. Attention, the said system is not a time management system.
You can’t choose problems, because problems happen around you whether you like them or not. But you can choose your actions as response to the problems. When the same problem happens, different choices of action result in the quality of your problem solving and the amount of time you spend on the problem.
When you have a bunch of stuff to do, somebody creates new chaos: a well performing employee raised resignation! It just happens, whether you like it or not!
What would you do about it? What happens is not in your control, but you can choose your responding actions. Deal with the problems immediately? Put aside everything else at hand? Or tend to all of the problems at the same time?
No wonder you feel nervous and tired from day to night. Never mind him? You will have to hire and train a new comer.
Number one key factor of First Priority’s Management System of Personal Effectiveness: What –when things happen, firstly decide what to do: talk to him/her who requires resignation. What will you talk about with him/her? Will you talk about all issues concerned within today? What else to do besides a talk? Will you respond to the various reasons that prompted him/her to resign and the different consequences of his/her resignation? When would you handle these two kinds of issues respectively? Do you have to take every action with desired good effect? Or will you deal with different issues with varied focus? When would you take the actions? How? By yourself or somebody else?
The second key factor of First Priority’s Management System of Personal Effectiveness: When and How –before taking any action, firstly decide when and how to take the actions.
I remember having had a few talks with him/her before, but which notebook did I do note taking? How come that I can’t find the notebook? What did he/she say in resignation letter? I remember to have left his/her resignation email in my email “inbox”, but why can’t I find it there? It wasted so much of my time. I can’t keep all emails in “inbox”! but where else shall I keep them?
The third key factor of First Priority’s Management System of Personal Effectiveness: Where – where do you record the information concerned? How can you ensure the access to all documents or information in need when you need take an action.
By building up a workable management system of personal effectiveness, First Priority ‘s Time Management program will help the participants to meet real-life challenges of time management, and remarkably improve practicality of the training program.
Time Management = Choice Management
Purpose: inspire participants’ interest and their willingness to learn, motivate them to change, and helps them Understand that time management is essentially about choosing the right actions when things happen.
● help participants understand their current utilization of time and inspire their desire for a change
● understand the reasons of high efficiency within the same given time
● distinguish between event and action
● understand that time management is essentially choice management in terms of actions when something happens
● develop the framework of individual effectiveness management
Do the right things, and make yourself a planner, a thinker, and an effective person
Purpose: the training is designed to help participants learn how to create Priority Matrix, identify priority of actions according to the importance and urgency of specific situations, and manage priorities. The participants can expect to improve efficiency, ensure timely completion of given work, improve effectiveness, and cope with change with initiative.
● Learn the Priority Matrix
● Learn the strategy of dealing with 3 kinds of issues with effectiveness
● Do the urgent things first to ensure overall organizational effectiveness
● Define the urgency of issues according to their impact on the other people
● Understand how to handle urgent issues with priority and get away with it
● Handle important issues with seriousness, and ensure long-term effectiveness
● Define results of your work as the pre-step to making choices of actions
● Break down tasks, and make plans, ensuring that the heavy workload of daily routine work be handled, and important issues be moved forward and completed as well
Do the right things right: time management skills to manage daily tasks
Purpose: this workshop is designed to help participants to become highly professional in their day-to-day management activities. After the workshop, participants will be able to master practical time management skills, and develop and apply effective time management tools to efficiently manage day-to-day activities, avoid omissions, move important work forward while completing everyday tasks, manage events, manage delegation and manage document systems.
● Analyze obstacles that impede higher effectiveness
● Identify sources of stress; find ways to reduce mental stress: use the time management system to manage “transportation” of various issues in mind
● Learn to adopt difference solutions for different types of problems: 4D
● Develop a set of practical tools for effective self-management
● Cultivate the habit of utilizing tools for time management
● Use the time management system to reduce chance of forgetting
● Make proper scheduling: balance long-term tasks with day-to-day tasks in schedule
● Use the time management system to manage process of communication
● Use the time management system to manage your thinking process
● Use the time management system to follow up with working progress: manage the work that you need some time to complete by yourself or with support from others
● Integrate the application of time management tools into your workplace habits
● Combine documents management and task management to reduce the time wasted on looking for documents:
Do the right things right: time management skills to manage long-term tasks
Purpose: The section is designed to help participants learn to successfully manage projects which take substantial amount of time, instead of one individual in a day, to complete while managing their day-to-day activities. After this session, participants will be able to break down projects into parts, and incorporate project plans into day-to-day working plans so as to move forward with the project and ensure execution.
● Develop monthly plans, and understand why you need longer-term monthly plans.
● Analyze differences between monthly tasks and daily tasks and how they pose challenges for time management
● Break down monthly projects into manageable daily activities by applying the Mind Map
● Learn to incorporate project plans into day-to-day working plans in framework of time management system
Summarize & Make Action Plans
Purpose: reinforce learning and encourage application.
● Review learning
● Make personal action plans
Testimonies from Training Participants
The program provides TM tools that we can use directly, such as time management in four quadrants. The tools are clear and specific, in good logic and easy to understand. Through the learning, our staff learn how to improve work efficiency and management effectiveness, and feel enriched with knowledge of living a more effective life. The instructor has in-depth knowledge and rich experience, fast response, and is good at presenting ideas and making the complex issues easy for us to understand
------ a participant from a well-known automobile manufacturing company
The program is easy to understand and has rich cases. The instructor has a clear and smooth logic. The program is suitable for all staff at different levels and in all departments of the company. All through the learning process in class, I have been reflecting on my workplace practices. I think that the training contents are similar to real life and work environment, set up close link between theory and practice. The tools are very applicable. I feel very enlightened. The learning help me build up a good foundation for thinking and problem solving, and provides me with very good guidance.
------ a participant from a well-known service company