When your managers have the following problems concerning " people management " :
● having difficulty with "deployment": team members each has shortcomings, tasks always go to the few particular members, and team is not stable;
● having no systematic "training": instruct staff randomly, have no plans, no one on team can fulfill more challenging requirements at work;
● having blank areas in people "selection" and "retention": have no experience of terminating and replacing people, have no ability to select candidates for focused development, and let alone any experience of promoting subordinates......
Benefits to the Organizations
Help your managers: play well with those cards at hand, make the best use of existing staff; seize the future cards, plan for team succession plan, establish talent pipeline step by step; harmonize team relations, build up relationship with mutual trust, enhance power of influence, stimulate subordinates’ enthusiasm for work.
What is most difficult to manage is people, while management is all about deploying people. But a survey says that Chinese managers in generally do not like people management, some being not capable of managing people, some being too lazy to manage others. How to improve managers’ willingness and ability of people management has become the focus of management skills development. First Priority Consulting Ltd. conducts the course of Managing People for an Excellent Team TM to help new managers study people management systematically, so that new managers will have the willingness and methods "to deliver results through people" .
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Recognize their role as managers should change as soon as possible to mobilize and deploy each subordinate, and let them play their role to best extent, and also recognize that they need take responsibility for organization development, not only ensuring the delivery of the immediate results, but also ensuring that the team can achieve greater performance in future.
Understand the effects and related methods to establish mutually trustful relationship with subordinates; understand the strategy of deploying and developing employees of different types; understand the important factors with effect of motivating subordinates’ morale; understand the effect of coaching subordinates and common coaching methods.
Master the skills of perceiving employees’ thoughts through heart-to-heart talk; master the methods of understanding the motivating factors of each individual employee; master the ways of making employee development objectives and determining goals of a coaching conversation.
Action plan: at the end of each module in the class, participants will be required to develop an action plan for the staff they manage, in line with what they learn in the class.
Targeted Business Needs
The course will help new managers and management at frontline or middle level to:
● Make best use of the existing staff
● develop team effectively, and gradually build up a team with high morale and rational layers
● improve the trust between managers and subordinates
● improve overall performance of the team
Part I: role transition: performance through others
● role transition: deliver results through others
● two hands let you stand out in the organizationpeople deployment: try to have every team member play their roles and obtain maximum performance
● leadteam: construct and develop team, maintain performance and create conditions for future performance
Part II: people deployment: maximize the function of the existing team
● understand the status of existing employees
● Analyze the types of staff: the model of willingness and ability
● transform negative factors into positive factors, and mobilize all the force available
● clarify your objective of people deployment: let everyone (instead of anyone in particular) achieve success
● eliminate barriers that hinder your deployment of people: conduct self-reflection before deploying people, detect and eliminate the various resistance for you to deploy different types of employees
● make your strategy of people deployment: make different strategies for employees of different types
■ have willingness, but lack abilityave no willingness, and no abilityhave some ability, but very strong willingnesshave ability but slack willingness
● make strategy for people deployment according to the actual situation of your team
Part III: Leading team: construct and develop team to form a team of dream
● An ideal team is not formed naturallyUnderstand the consequences of have the team emerge and perish by itself, and assume the responsibility of leading the team
● know what is an ideal team
■ Performance growing model
■ Understand the key factors that determine the growth nature, and the impact of management on the growth nature.
● Implement your strategy for team development
■ plan for the development of the whole team, form layers, and keep up the passion
■ Identify development strategy for different members, and form a team with members at different expertise level
■ junior level: back-up force to be developed with consciousness
■ medium level: assume responsibility as soon as possible, strengthen their competency level, and push the staff at the senior level keep up progressing
■ senior level: keep up passion for learning and growing
■ combine team development with work assignment Plan for team development in accordance with the actual situation of your team
Part IV: establishing mutually trustful relationship between superiors and subordinates
● build mutually trustful working relationship is the first step to influence subordinates
■ Trustful working relationship is the premise of management
● how to establish a good working relationship
■ Understand his needs and help him to succeed
■ Employ empathy to conduct in-depth communication with team members
■ Attach importance to the establishment of informal relationship, perceive the dynamic thoughts of team membersdeeply understand the thoughts of subordinatesin the course of conversation: manage the process of "heart-to-heart talk"
Part V: motivating team members
● task and people, strong at both aspects: do you pay enough attention to people?
● why they come to work? Understand two major factors
■ what is the difference between retention and motivation ?
■ You can make them more satisfied. Motivating factors have great power?
● learn the means of motivation
■ How to recognize employees?
■ What is the difference between praise and inspiring a sense of achievement? How to have employees frequently enjoy the sense of achievement?
■ How to trigger the hot buttons that can motivate the sense of accomplishment in employees?
■ How to change work so as to improve morale?
● your improvement plan
■ What is current status like? Thinking of the two major factors, what your employees have got?
■ How can you have his satisfaction level enhanced?